Waxing Vs. Shaving....What you need to know
When it comes to grooming, there is no right or wrong way to do things. Waxing and shaving are typically the most popular hair removal techniques, even though they differ greatly in every other way.
While shaving uses a razor blade to trim the hair from the skin's surface, waxing uses warm wax to physically pull hair follicles out of the skin by the root.
Which approach is superior depends on a number of variables, some of which you may value more highly than others? Here are a few pros and cons of both methods and bits of guidance to aid your decision-making.
PROS OF SHAVING
- To shave, your hair might be any length.
- As part of a regular regimen, it is quick and simple to complete at home.
- In comparison to professional waxes, razors and shaving cream are extremely inexpensive.
- Since the hair follicle is simply removed from the skin's surface and the root is left intact, shaving is not painful.
CONS OF SHAVING
- Itching, razor burn, ingrown hairs, and irritated hair follicles can all be brought on by shaving.
- Blades that are dull can cut and irritate people.
- Results last for less than a week.
PROS OF WAXING
- Waxing results persist for about three to four weeks.
- With regular waxing, the skin feels smoother and hair may eventually start to grow thinner.
- Exfoliation can be accomplished through waxing.
CONS OF WAXING
- For waxing, your hair must be long enough to be waxed.
- Depending on your pain threshold, waxing might be uncomfortable, since the hair is removed from the root.
- Ingrown hairs, discomfort, redness, inflamed hair follicles, and skin irritability can all result from waxing.
The cons of waxing can be better managed if the right steps are taken before and after the procedure. Click here for a few things you should know before going for your wax appointment.
Above all, both methods leave your skin feeling smooth and remove extra hair.
It's worthwhile to experiment with both shaving and waxing to determine which one you like most. But as specialists, we recommend waxing, if, of course, you’ll bear the slight discomfort it comes with.
Book an appointment with us today to experience a smooth waxing experience.