Vitamin B3 is a water-soluble vitamin that exists in two forms, (niacin and niacinamide), and plays an important role in the functions of the skin, digestive and nervous systems. It is a component of Vitamin B complex group also used in the production of cosmetics for skincare.
Vitamin B3 can either be used directly on the skin or taken orally as a supplement. It helps prevent skin cancer when taken orally. Our bodies produce vitamin B3 naturally and it can also be found in foods like milk, meat, and cereal grains.
Although vitamin B3 is generally safe, there can be side effects including nausea, skin flushing and itching when used orally. Given that most people get their right amount of internal vitamin B3 from their body and diet, be sure to consult a professional before oral consumption.
Vitamin B3 has several benefits when applied directly on the skin and below are some of them:
- It reduces the appearance of pores and wrinkles and fortifies the skin barrier.
- It acts as an antioxidant and can reduce the yellowing and hyperpigmentation that can come with aging
- It prevents water loss and retains skin moisture content.
- It smoothens the skin texture and lightens dark spots.
- It reduces visible signs of sun damage/damage from ultraviolet rays.
- It increases Keratin which helps rebuilds healthy skin cells.
- It decreases excess skin oil production.
- It reduces red bumps with its anti-inflammatory properties, and also helps treat post-inflammatory discoloration.
- It is safe enough to use on any kind of skin even the most sensitive skin and it can work alongside any ingredient.
Vitamin B3 should be considered a key nutrient in your skin care routine and you can do that by shopping our new Skin Rejuvenating Face Cream with Vitamin B3 NOW. Renew your skin with this ultra-hydrating, protective face cream. Anti-aging and protective against sun damage, this cream keeps your skin firm and healthy.