Photo Source: RODNAE Productions on Pexels
Makeup removal should be a part of everyone’s skincare routine. No matter how tired you may be at the end of the day, you must remove your makeup as it can clog your facial pores when left overnight, leading to breakouts and other skin issues.
Here Are Some Advantages Of Removing Your Makeup:
- It makes you less prone to acne, redness, blackheads, and other skin issues.
- The massage motion encourages microcirculation of the skin.
- It removes cosmetics, pollutants, and debris from the skin's surface, which could irritate your skin or hasten the ageing process.
- It encourages the skin to breathe.
- By getting rid of dead skin, it stimulates cellular repair.
Even if you only wear little or no makeup, properly washing your face will allow you to experience the satisfaction of having fresh, toned, supple, and well-moisturized skin. As you can see, there are several benefits to including this step in your beauty regimen.
Typically, you should take off your makeup before bedtime. You can also choose to take your make-up off anytime you like, what really matters is that you’re taking it off.
When cleaning your makeup, don’t go overboard if you have dry skin to avoid aggravating the situation. Regular soap or shower gel can be excessively harsh and will damage the hydrolipid barrier, which keeps the skin from drying out too much. Use a mild foaming cleanser like ORÍKÌ Gentle Foam Citrus Cleanser With Green Tea. To keep your skin supple, make sure to moisturize frequently using Our Skin Rejuvenating Face Cream.
- Wash your hands thoroughly.
- Apply a little amount of micellar water, face cleanser, or makeup remover to a cotton pad. Of course, some treatments can be used without a pad and applied directly to wet skin.
- Use a cotton pad to wipe your face. Avoid rubbing too hard.
- Repeat this process until your cotton pad is clean and free of any makeup.
- Use a clean, soft face cloth to remove any remaining makeup from your face.
- To complete the cleansing process, restore the pH balance of your skin, and get it ready for moisturizer, apply your toner with a cotton pad, our Herbal Skin Clearing Toner With Calendula is a great one to opt for.
Always use a product designed specifically for the area around your eyes because it is very thin and sensitive there. You won't need to pull at your eye contour to remove makeup. You should use an oil-based eye makeup remover if you use waterproof mascara.